Social Media

RSS Bloglovin Email Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+ LinkedIn

Saturday, March 16, 2013

barrett's mountain blueberries

Mountain Creek Lane
Today was FABULOUS. It was approximately PERFECT outside all day long, and my whole family spent the day out of the house enjoying the weather!!!

You know how I'm always cold? I wore shorts and a tee shirt all day. Outside. IN MARCH. It was SO wonderful!

Can you tell I love the great outdoors? My house is located on a mountain in western NC, overlooking the valley our horses pasture in and across from most of our neighbors' houses, pastures and a beautiful little apple orchard. It's pretty much the greatest place in the world.

Today I spent my day planting two adorable little baby blueberry bushes, playing with my siblings, jogging, and watching movies. Spring break at its finest, y'all.

I've always wanted to garden but it's never worked out. So I placated this year's garden fever with a pair of different kinds of blueberry bushes. Apparently blueberries have to cross pollinate... IDK biology stuff.

I also started running yesterday since it was so nice out I hated to waste it. Even running is a pleasure here... We really are so blessed, and I take it so for granted! Anyway I'm hoping to reinstate my 5-days-per-week running policy with my increasing run/walk schedule. It's a pretty fail safe way to get in shape, I just have to make myself get out there!

Alrutz blueberry bush #1

No comments:

Post a Comment