Social Media

RSS Bloglovin Email Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+ LinkedIn

Sunday, March 10, 2013

cheating


So today I cheated on my diet...

And I thought, since I've been so good, I'd list all my cheats so far and my excuses for them so I can justify myself keep track of it. I think it's important to keep track of cheating so you know when you're being ridiculous.

• I've been eating a loaf of sourdough bread because they don't make that in whole wheat.
• my friend Sarah made me a sweet potato/spinach quesadilla (processed tortilla and salsa)
• I ate chewy sweet tarts & butter popcorn at the movies on Friday because my sweet roomie coerced me into letting her buy them for me. They were the most delicious ever DREADFUL.
• I had three four five cupcakes tonight because my amazing small group girls threw a surprise birthday party for me =D

And I think that's it. If I remember something I'll add it. I'm pretty proud of myself so far, that's not too shabby for a week at college!


UPDATE: So when I originally wrote this, I decided just to save it as a draft and include a few more days so it would be more impressive that I only cheated those few times and for very good reasons. Then I immediately took a turn for the worse, and this happened:

• Thursday 3/7: I ate a bunch of processed food (instant potatoes, meatballs in some kind of sweet sauce, cake, candy, and a bite of this gross no-bake cheesecake crap) at the Reach meal.
• Saturday 3/9: I had the world's best breakfast at this adorable little cafe in Raleigh called the Flying Biscuit, and determined that I could not eat there without trying a biscuit. So I ate one with apple butter (and my French Toast had these sweet sauces that probably had sugar). IT WAS AWESOME AND I REGRET NOTHING. But then I ate a kid's shrimp (with no sauce) & sweet tea at Sakura for lunch, and then I had a really processed Walgreen's cupcake (sans icing; it was a birthday gift) and a jumbo pretzel at the Duke game. Oh and I had a sip of my friend's Pepsi. Whoops! In my defense, YOTTTO (you only turn twenty-two once..... and yes of course that's a thing don't look so shocked)
• Sunday 3/10: I had a few sips of coffee with creamer and sugar, but not very much. Then I had my sister's leftover frozen-dinner veggie lasagna for lunch. I didn't see the ingredients, but I'm guessing I wouldn't like what they were haha. I also ate a bunch of really processed beef jerky afterwards... And yeah, I feel a bit ashamed. I guess my excuse is that I was really sleepy for church, and then I drove home from Chapel Hill today so I was tired and hungry and limited on time. Not a great excuse but what are you going to do.

SO as you can see I'm not doing great, again. As a pattern, I seem to start off really strong and gradually compromise until I'm stuffing my face with sour gummy worms again. But I'm going to try something new this week, which should hopefully help me focus and have self-control again... more on that later. I'll keep you posted.

#YOTTO

No comments:

Post a Comment